November 6-7, 2011
The Hawai‘i Public Seed Initiative held its first "Seed Basics Workshop for Farmers and Gardeners" on Kaua‘i, November 6-7, 2011. The two-day Workshop was designed to create a practical working knowledge of seed growing, botany and biology, selection, harvesting, cleaning, and saving of various types of seed.
Click here to view the photo gallery and slideshow of the Kaua‘i 2011 workshop.
Click here for a full agenda.
Click here to view and download the speaker presentations.
Mahalo to Our Workshop Presenters:
• Hector Valenzuela, Ph.D., CTAHR Extension Vegetable Specialist
• Russell Nagata, Ph.D., CTAHR County of Hawai‘i Extension Administrator. Prior to his current position, Russell worked as a plant breeder for the University of Florida conducting research on lettuce and St. Augustine grass turf.
• Glenn Teves, CTAHR Moloka‘i Extension Office
• Paul Massey, Regenerations Botanical Garden
• Jill Richardson, Regenerations Botanical Garden
• Nancy Redfeather, Coordinator Hawai‘i Public Seed Initiative, The Kohala Center
• Dimi Rivera and Chris Kobayashi, Kalo Growers, Wai‘oli Farm
• Sun Hadley and Lisa Fuller, One Song Farm
• Lyn Howe, Workshop Coordinator