Tuesday, September 12—A presentation by Dr. Ted Kornecki, Agricultural Engineer, USDA-ARS National Soil Dynamics Lab Research Unit and Adjunct Professor of Biosystems Engineering, Auburn University. Dr. Kornecki will cover the following topics in his presentation followed by a question-and-answer session with the community:
- Conservation tillage information
- Cover crops benefits
- Roller/crimper technology background
- Rollers/crimpers developed for small farms
- Other equipment developed for small farms
- Videos of specific field operations
Dave Elliott from O‘ahu Resource Conservation and Development Council will also provide a short presentation about Hawai‘i-specific cover crops.
Free and open to the public. Register online at tillage.eventbrite.com or call The Kohala Center at 808-887-6411.