September 23, 2017—Come be part of local community conversations on the hows and whys of growing seeds specifically adapted for Hawai‘i.
- Check out variety trials in progress
- Learn how to conduct successful trials in your garden
- Enjoy refreshments and tastings of crops being grown from local seed
- Talk story with a local seed grower
- Meet others in your community interested in improving local food security
Events will be held in East Hawai‘i Island (Pāhoa), West Hawai‘i Island (Honalō), Maui (Makawao), and O‘ahu (Waimānalo). Space is limited, so register today! Visit localseeds.eventbrite.com to register and for more information.
Sponsored by the Hawai‘i Seed Growers Network, a group of small-scale farmers in Hawai‘i who have been working together for the past two years to grow and make available locally adapted seed for Hawai‘i’s tropical climates.